Friday, October 31, 2008

Why restrict when you don't have to?

Can I just say...? It really hurts me to watch women limiting themselves in what they can eat, just because they are afraid to gain a few pounds. WHY DO THEY DO THIS? Sure, I want to be thin, too, and I don't want to gain any weight, either. But, I'm not going to say 'no' to a couple of treats just because they *might* add a pound to my frame.

Okay, if you're going to eat the whole package of cookies, then maybe I'd understand why you want to avoid them -- people with serious addictions, or with addictive personalities, maybe need to exercise a little more caution.

But, for the most part, the rest of us don't need to be saying 'no' to a couple of treats now and then.

*** EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!***


If Intuitive Eating has taught me anything, it's that you can eat anything you want (provided you don't have a medical reason for avoiding something), as long as you exercise your brain and have those things in moderation. Life is more fun that way! You don't have to mope around and say, "Oh, poor me... I can't have that 'cause I'm watching my weight". Ugh.

((Sorry... but this just kills me!))

1 comment:

Cami Checketts said...

Thank you! I agree and I wonder how people live like that.